Wednesday, January 23, 2008

do you heel?

Heeling used to be something you sent your dog to obedience school for. Now it is riding on the wheels in your heels in your Heelys shoes.

Last week my son found a pair on e-bay. He's been begging for these shoes. I gave in and he got his Heelys. It took him about 2 days to become a pro at heeling.

Last night my daughter gave them a try. She was heeling across the floor at lightning speeds in about 10 minutes.

Now it's my turn. I can roll across the floor with them, but I'm not sure the awkward motions I make could be termed heeling. It's more like trying to balance on a tightrope without any grace. But I'm not going to be outdone by my kids. I'll practice while they're at school and I WILL learn to heel like a pro. If I don't break any bones first... Maybe I'll wear them to Wal-Mart this afternoon and wheel around the store like a kid.

No comments: