Wednesday, March 11, 2009

mp3 players

We all have iPods, all of us except my husband. I have a full size iPod, my daughter has an older Nano and my son has, well, not the newest Nano, but the one before that. They came out with the new design about a month after he got his. Doesn't that figure?

Anyway, while we love our iPods, they don't allow us to listen to audiobooks that we check out from the online branch of our Public Library. It seems that Overdrive Media and Apple don't play well together. It's never been a big problem for me because I can download the audiobooks onto my smartphone and listen to them that way, but the kids don't have smartphones. So today I picked up an inexpensive mp3 player at the store that says it will sync with Windows Media Player and will play DRM protected files. (My daughters phone will sync with WMP, but won't play DRM protected files--WTH?)

I'm sitting here listening to the radio on our new RCA Pearl mp3 player. I think it's going to be a pretty good investment. But I'll have to remember to keep the AAA batteries charged!

P.S. Someday I'll have to tell you all about taking my malfunctioning iPod to the Apple store, and how the "geniuses" behind the Genius Bar were oh-so-helpful, NOT!

No comments: