Thursday, October 25, 2007

the accident

Ok, I'm totally cheating on this one. I posted to a group of friends about my accident this weekend, and to be quite honest, I just don't want to have to re-type it. I feel like I've told the story a million and one times. So I'm just going to past what I sent to my friends, then I'll add a couple of pictures, just for the fun, technicolor aspect.

We had a nice weekend away. Except for one thing. DH ran over me with the camper. It's not as bad as it sounds, I was feet away from the wheels, but all I could think as I tumbled around underneath was, "where will the tires roll over me, and will it be fatal, or just painful..." No life flashing before my eyes, no time to think to roll out of the way and lay flat in the center of the camper. Just the vague wonder of whether I'd be around for long or not. And lots of screaming.

Thankfully, I'm not badly hurt. My right elbow, and wrist are skinned up, as is my left palm. I have bruises on the backs of my upper arms and my left shoulder is scratched. My right knee is pretty banged up and I have a horrendous burise on my right hip. All in all, I look like I had a bad bike wreck. I've had a migraine everyday since, as well. Which is what I'm going to do now. Take some medicine and find a quiet, dark place to close my eyes.



This is the bruise on the back of my right arm.


This is my knee. For such a simple scrape, it sure does hurt.



This is the bruise on my hip. It is the area that is the most tender. Even turning over in my sleep hurts it. Is it any wonder? Still, all in all, I was very lucky. So I'm trying not to make my hubby pay too much....[evil grin]

Oh, and did you notice the scale I made? Very CSI, isn't it? I did that because my family kept calling to see how I was. It was almost like they didn't believe I was all right. So I took the pictures to reassure them.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, Trish. Thank goodness you're okay. Hugs on the bumps and bruises!

Anonymous said...

Ugh, poor you! *shudder*

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness it wasn't any worse.
Take it easy and let your husband take care of you for a while.

Tricia Fields said...

Thanks for your concern, everyone!! I'm feeling much better now. The bruises are fading and my knee is healing. By next week, I should be good as new. Maybe. ;-)